... coming home to a slice of toast and home-made marmalade. It would be even more amazing if the bread was home-made too but that's a job for the weekend I think. The marmalade is yummy though! Not only did it set like proper marmalade but it's tasty too - not too sweet but not too tangy either. I'm thinking five jars might not be enough after all!
This discovery definitely made my day when I got back on Tuesday from my first day back at work, having walked there and back in the absolute driving rain and was completely drenched through. Not been that soaked since I was in Costa Rica where you just kind of expect it and make sure you wear a dress that dries quickly in the warm. I really need to get an umbrella, I left mine at a friend's in London last week and I thought I could live until I next see her but the way the weather is at the moment I've changed my mind.
Also, swatching for my new cowl is um ongoing! I found a lace pattern I liked in the yarn (just a simple one with a single yo and k2tog or ssk each pattern repeat). Then I discovered that there are people who work out the length of the colour repeat and deliberately make it stripe vertically. What a genius idea! So, I'm casting on a few colour repeats and then I'll knit in the lace pattern and see how it goes. I'm so out of practice with the cable cast on that it's taking me a while and kind of frustrating but I'm determined to turn this yarn into a lovely project so I'll struggle on. I shall overcome!
Another slight distraction is that I'm tempted by the Beekeeper's Quilt and the 366 hexipuff challenge (i.e. one for every day of 2012). I've always fancied making a quilt but never thought I'd have the patience or enough yarn but I could use up scraps for this and it's so cute. I would have to buy the pattern though and having to put my card details in always makes me think twice about it. That said, I did buy the Ysolda Teague book (Little Red in the City) yesterday because I just really really liked the look of it, it sounds really useful. If I had a good resource book for jumpers I might try making more of them, so far most of my attempts have been less than perfect, although my Buttony was pretty successful, and that was based on similar ideas to what's in LRitC from what I've heard. So I'm excited about the post now!
I also had a call today from someone at a charity who are looking for a new trustee with some financial background. Now that my exams are over (oh yeah!) I was hoping to get involved and do something useful. She sounded lovely and was really nice about it. I was worried that because I have no experience I might not be any help to them, but she sounded really positive about how it could help me develop some skills and use the knowledge I do have, which they currently lack. So maybe it could work out. She's going to call and arrange a meeting with her and another trustee some time, just to wait and see how it goes.
This discovery definitely made my day when I got back on Tuesday from my first day back at work, having walked there and back in the absolute driving rain and was completely drenched through. Not been that soaked since I was in Costa Rica where you just kind of expect it and make sure you wear a dress that dries quickly in the warm. I really need to get an umbrella, I left mine at a friend's in London last week and I thought I could live until I next see her but the way the weather is at the moment I've changed my mind.
Also, swatching for my new cowl is um ongoing! I found a lace pattern I liked in the yarn (just a simple one with a single yo and k2tog or ssk each pattern repeat). Then I discovered that there are people who work out the length of the colour repeat and deliberately make it stripe vertically. What a genius idea! So, I'm casting on a few colour repeats and then I'll knit in the lace pattern and see how it goes. I'm so out of practice with the cable cast on that it's taking me a while and kind of frustrating but I'm determined to turn this yarn into a lovely project so I'll struggle on. I shall overcome!
Another slight distraction is that I'm tempted by the Beekeeper's Quilt and the 366 hexipuff challenge (i.e. one for every day of 2012). I've always fancied making a quilt but never thought I'd have the patience or enough yarn but I could use up scraps for this and it's so cute. I would have to buy the pattern though and having to put my card details in always makes me think twice about it. That said, I did buy the Ysolda Teague book (Little Red in the City) yesterday because I just really really liked the look of it, it sounds really useful. If I had a good resource book for jumpers I might try making more of them, so far most of my attempts have been less than perfect, although my Buttony was pretty successful, and that was based on similar ideas to what's in LRitC from what I've heard. So I'm excited about the post now!
I also had a call today from someone at a charity who are looking for a new trustee with some financial background. Now that my exams are over (oh yeah!) I was hoping to get involved and do something useful. She sounded lovely and was really nice about it. I was worried that because I have no experience I might not be any help to them, but she sounded really positive about how it could help me develop some skills and use the knowledge I do have, which they currently lack. So maybe it could work out. She's going to call and arrange a meeting with her and another trustee some time, just to wait and see how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment