Skip to main content

Some ups and some downs

It seems to have been a while, sorry about that. In my defence, I've been pretty busy.

The weekend away was lovely, just the right mixture of chatting, pampering, drinking and enjoying the countryside. I think we'll definitely be going again, we're heartily converted to spa breaks now!

Since then though, work has been crazy busy and also just more difficult. I know it sounds stupid but I seem to be dealing with a lot more stuff that used to be above me. It would be great (career progression and all that) except that I've had basically no training or support to make sure I know what to do, so I'm basically making it up a lot of the time. Add to that working for some pretty awkward people and generally I've been incredibly stressed. I think that has triggered my depression so everything has been several times more difficult to deal with. I know I haven't been a lot of fun to be around!

We have booked a holiday for next month though; we're going camping for a week in Spain, with stops on the way there in Pamplon and on the way back in Zaragoza because we'be never been to either. As long as the weather is kind to us, it should be a nice time. It's a long time since I've been to Spain (not since an aborted attempt to go to uni there, further depressive joys) and it's a very special place to me so I hope my Spanish comes back and we have fun.

We also had a nice Easter weekend at my mum's, even met my brother's first ever girlfriend who was lovely. The few days away gave me a bit of time to regroup and plan a few things to keep me sane.

That all went out of the window really when we got burgled the day after we got back. They only got the laptop that was of any value - that was the only thing in the house of any value anyway! They did a fair bit of damage to the back door though, a worrying amount given how quickly it must have happened, so we may have to get a better door this time.

Being without a computer at home has been pretty irritating so haven't posted when I'd planned to. Craftiness has not been at full strength either; I have made some progress on my Bayerische socks and framed a couple of paintings of my grandmother's but not much other than that.

On which note, this has taken me an obscene length of time to type so I shall leave it there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Monday - 18 June 2018

This week's roundup of crafting... FOs I have finished Jo's Pride and just need to get a decent photo - to edit shortly I hope. It has turned out really well, very wearable thankfully! WIPs I have started swatching for another shawl from the Victorian Lace Today book, not sure I like the yarn yet... Plans I am going to Ribes y Casals in Palma tomorrow so will keep an eye out for fabric there for the things I fancy making from the Moda de Pasarela magazine I have.

This week was... wonderful

A favourite word of my mother in law, said in a strong Nothern Irish accent, nearly rolling the 'r' and with an emphasis on the first syllable - WONderful. Trips My mother-in-law and a friend of hers are staying with us at the moment. This has been a great excuse to see some things that Mr Smartie isn't that interested in, and to revisit some of our favourite spots. We have of course been to the beach a fair bit (the weather has been generally hot) but also took the train to Sóller from Palma, visited S'Albufera, walked around Alcúdia, and revisited the Coves d'Αrta and Canyamel.  We tried to have an afternoon at the beach at Son Serra de Marina but there had obviously been a storm out at sea because the beach was covered in mounds of seaweed. Even the sea was full of it, making the waves look black. Not especially inviting, although some of the locals did go out in it. Gargoyles at Palma Cathedral I have really enjoyed having them both here, they are gr...