The supermarket only had bags of carrots left by the time I got there yesterday rather than loose ones so I had to buy about twice as many as I really needed. The obvious solution was to make a carrot cake!
I haven't tried the recipe in Delia's Vegetarian book before so I thought it was worth a go. Annoyingly, I only have one cake tin in the right size so instead I shoved all of the mixture into one slightly wider and deeper tin. I did give it a bit longer in the oven to compensate but the middle is still slightly gooey, not a problem to me but it means I probably won't take any into work for everyone else. One day I'll learn that there's a reason for the temperature, tin size and timing and messing with them tends to mess up the cake a bit. Still very definitely edible though, see?
The icing (mascarpone with cinnamon sugar) cunningly hides the fact that the middle sank at least an inch! It does taste good though!
I haven't tried the recipe in Delia's Vegetarian book before so I thought it was worth a go. Annoyingly, I only have one cake tin in the right size so instead I shoved all of the mixture into one slightly wider and deeper tin. I did give it a bit longer in the oven to compensate but the middle is still slightly gooey, not a problem to me but it means I probably won't take any into work for everyone else. One day I'll learn that there's a reason for the temperature, tin size and timing and messing with them tends to mess up the cake a bit. Still very definitely edible though, see?
The icing (mascarpone with cinnamon sugar) cunningly hides the fact that the middle sank at least an inch! It does taste good though!

Comments
Post a Comment